It's no exaggeration to say that security operation centers (SOCs) lie at the heart of an organization's security strategy. In the modern enterprise environment, cyber threats can escalate rapidly: organizations depend on their SOC team to provide 24 hour monitoring, detection and response to network penetration attempts, ransomware attacks and other cyber threats.
Unfortunately, SOC teams are also understaffed and overwhelmed by large volumes of alerts generated by the many tools in today's SOC environments. While the evolving cyber landscape and ingenuity of malicious actors has increased the number of threats to your organization, a lack of support makes it difficult for SOC analysts to distinguish real dangers from false alarms.
With a seasoned team of trained cybersecurity personnel, DataLock provides the assistance you need to support your SOC team and keep your organization safe around the clock. When the need arises, our expert team members are prepared to pick up the slack, with specializations in key SOC competencies.
- 53% of SOCs are having difficulties hiring skilled personnel
- 58% of SOC analysts reported that "lack of resources" made their work painful
- The cybersecurity workforce must grow by 145% to close skills gaps and better defend organizations around the world
SOC Support Services
- SOC Staffing - provide trained cybersecurity personnel to take on temporary or long-term roles on your SOC team, from Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 security analysts to forensic investigators, incident responders, threat hunters, operators and more.
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention - monitor network traffic for signs of intrusion with the help of intrusion detection and prevention (IDS) tools; conduct network traffic analysis, data packet inspection and signature scanning to detect and block malicious traffic.
- Incident Response - take appropriate actions in response to active threat events; isolate compromised endpoints and take them offline - halt affected applications - remove infected files - run anti-malware software as necessary.
- Vulnerability Scanning - scan every component of your IT infrastructure for vulnerabilities, including networks, operating systems, databases, web applications and static code; identify and prioritize risks according to severity.
- Malware Analysis - analyze detected malware instances and provide reports summarizing number of incidents, type, behavior and origin, along with recommendations for mitigation and response.
SOC Support Benefits
- Improved performance - reduce stress for your SOC staff by providing an extra set of eyes. Make the constant flood of alerts more manageable, especially during periods of surge activity.
- Faster Threat Detection - eliminate false positives and discover the real threats impacting your organization more quickly. Deal with problems as soon as they arise and before they become unmanageable.
- Lower Costs - identify optimal, low-cost solutions to active threats. Implement response and recovery processes quickly enough to eliminate expensive damages and cut down on redundant processes.
- Improve Stakeholder Confidence - reassure your customers and stakeholders of your commitment to their security, and the safety of their sensitive data. Stand out from the competition with high responsiveness to cyber incidents and a low number of publicized breaches.
- Business Continuity - survive and recover in the midst of ransomware incidents, distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks, and other threats to the continuity of mission critical operations; minimize lost revenue and downtime.